Shires Junior Golf Tour offers a structured programme where young golfers of all abilities can slot into their relevant categories and compete against like-minded players of similar abilities.
The 18-hole and 9 hole competitions for boys and girls of all standards and ages take place in the English counties of Leicestershire & Rutland, Northamptonshire and Bedfordshire on Sundays throughout the spring, summer and early autumn.
Schedule for 2018 Shires Junior Golf Tour:
- Friday 13th April 2018 – Pro am – Kingsthorpe Golf Club Northants
- Sunday 22nd April – Melton Mowbray GC Leics (Co Shires and Junior Open)
- Sunday 6th May – Brampton Heath Golf Centre Northants
- Sunday 20th May – Abbey Hill Golf Centre Buckinghamshire
- Sunday 3rd June – Market Harborough GC Leics ( Co Shires and Junior Open )
- Sunday 10th June – Glen Gorse GC Leics ( Co Shires and Junior Open )
- Sunday 1st July – Beds & County GC Bedfordshire
- Sunday 22nd July – Kettering GC Northants
- Sunday 5th August – Pavenham GC Bedfordshire
- Friday 10th August – Kingsthorpe GC Northants (Co Shires and Junior Open )
- Sunday 26th August – Northampton GC Northants ( Team Event )
- Sunday 9th September – Kirby Muxloe GC Leics ( Co Shires and Junior Open )
- Sunday 16th September – Elton Furze GC Cambridgeshire ( Co Shires and Junior Open)
- Grand Final – Bedford GC Date TBC
Each Shires Tour event regularly attracts over 100 junior golfers taking part.
It does not matter if the youngster is a boy or a girl, plays off scratch or is new to the game, there are prizes and trophies for the different age/ability groups at the individual events.
Further awards can also be won through the Order of Merit, which runs throughout the season and includes the Order of Merit grand final.
To join the tour visit www.shiresjuniorgolftour.co.uk and fill in the form, a year’s membership costs £20 and entitles you to enter all events. 18 hole individual events cost £15 for a member and £20 for a non-member, 9 hole events cost £10.00 for a member and £15 for non members. – both include food and prizes, if received.