Midlands Golfer’s hotel travel partner in North Wales is The Royal Sportsman Hotel, situated in Porthmadog. Many golfers past and present find this lively high street hostelry/eatery to be the perfect compliment to a quality golf break in the heart of Snowdonia.
Independently owned and managed, the hotel is renowned for it’s welcoming atmosphere, great food and knowledgeable staff, many who have seen many years of loyal service. Golfers coming to The Royal Sportsman will in all likelihood share the bar and restaurant facilities of an evening with walkers, mountaineers and sailors and other water sports enthusiasts, Porthmadog is the epicentre of outdoor pursuits in North Wales.
Royal Sportsman – at a glance:
- 28 en-suite, non-smoking family, double, twin & single rooms
- Gastro bar, restaurant, lounge and patio garden
- Open to non-residents; families with children and dogs welcome
- Special dinner, bed & breakfast rates for large groups
- Private, covered car park for guests and customers
- WIFI available – free to guests & customers
- Exclusive guests’ discount vouchers for many attractions
- AA 4-star overall quality with excellent Visit Wales & Trip Advisor ratings
They can accommodate large groups – up to 56 guests – where you are willing to share rooms. Ground-floor courtyard rooms are designated for dogs and especially suited to guests with walking difficulties or young children. One family room is particularly designed for wheelchair users.
Food and drink – Among the very best in Gwynedd and Snowdonia. They intend to become THE place to eat as their reputation for quantity, quality and so value grows!
Such exceptional, modern or traditional British/Welsh meals are excellent value, served in either the well-stocked ‘gastro’ bar, 65-seater restaurant, lounge or the outside patio garden.
A large range of drinks are stocked – real cask/keg ales, lagers, ciders, wines, spirits, cocktails and soft – as well as speciality teas, coffees and luxury hot chocolate to accompany your food.