The journey for Midlands Golfer began back in 2012…. the magazine was launched in October 2012 as a new FREE bi-monthly, regional golfing magazine. Such was the initial success and demand we decided for the start of 2014 to publish the magazine as a MONTHLY regional edition.
As a magazine and team, we are driven by our pure passion for the game – we want to see game GROW. There are over 675,000 club players and over 3000 golf clubs within the UK, and there is huge potential for this to grow even further. Midlands Golfer magazine exists because the readers and golf clubs firmly believe in what we have to offer:
- Grow the game of golf
- Promote awareness of golf clubs and courses
- Keep it local, real and honest
Midlands Golfer is available at over 400 golfing outlets within the region and has a combined readership of over 30,000 club golfers, enthusiasts and professionals.
- SOUTH CHESHIRE
The Midlands Golfer Team:
The core team brings numerous years of experience within publishing, media, marketing and sales. Plus, they are all keen golfers with a mixed bag of clubs and handicaps.
- Editor – Phil Nicholas
Phil is a very busy editor with over eight years of experience in local golfing media. He heads the review team, delivers the latest issues and writes at least 75% of the magazine’s content. He also likes nothing better than to source a good news story which potentially makes a star out of an average club golfer.
- Email Phil – email@example.com
- Executive Editor – Brian Johnson
The boss and man who makes it all tick takes a back seat normally. Brian is a non golfer, but has over 35 years of publishing experience and knows how to make a magazine a success. He does form part of the delivery team each month and enjoys chat with club secretaries and pros while he’s out there.
- Lady Editor – Mandy Ambert
Mandy represents the ladies (MG Birdies) and junior section with OOB golf clothing on board to sponsor the junior pages. She has forged strong links within the Midlands and has embraced the position. She offers a ladies view to course reviews and helps with initiatives for recruitment of women and juniors for our local golf clubs. A Staffs county player and Junior County Organiser, she has a lot of experience as a golfer and is the lowest handicapper in the team.
- Email Mandy – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chief Designer – Chris Jones
The most important person of all, Chris’s talents make Midlands Golfer look as good as it does. A reluctant golfer at first, he knew nothing about the game when the magazine was born. As time has gone by Chris has got the bug, and is now a regular visitor to the range and plays the occasional nine too.
- He works closely in tandem with the local clubs, and his imaginative designs ensure that all golfing establishments enjoy the best possible value when they promote their courses and offers in Midlands Golfer.
- Commercial Marketing Manager – Spencer Williams
Spencer has a proven background in marketing and advertising working across numerous sectors and industries as a senior executive. He brings to Midlands Golfer a wealth of experience and knowledge, which will enable us to expand our commercial offering and enhance our marketing abilities. He’s also an absolute golf nut with a real passion for the game and a strong desire to get down to single figures.
- Review Team/Distributors – In addition to the above, Midlands Golfer are fortunate to be able to enjoy the company and count on the assistance of half a dozen travelling golf nuts from all over the region. Experienced society members of mixed handicaps who love a journey of discovery to a new golfing destination, a try out of the latest equipment and a road trip to deliver the latest issues for us.